Here is a selection of Q&As from Your Sussex Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to email@example.com
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
The search is on
Q. We're about to start looking for venues. What questions do we need to ask before we book?
A. Matilda Reid says: Planning a wedding is fun and exciting, but there are many things to consider in the run up to the big day. We'd suggest you ask as many questions as possible to make sure you find the perfect venue for you. If you include the following in your checklist you won't go far wrong!
- Is the venue exclusive use?
- What are the access times?
- Where are you licensed for the ceremony? (You may want to get married outside for example. We've seen an upsurge in interest in our beautiful Walled Garden set against the backdrop of Cowdray Ruins).
- How many people can you accommodate?
- Are there any décor restrictions? (Think confetti, candles etc)
- Where are the best photo spots?
- Can you accommodate a live band or DJ?
- Is there any accommodation nearby? Finally, even with restrictions lifted it's still important to ask about the details of the venue's cancellation policy as well as finding out what the team is doing to make weddings Covid-safe.
Matilda Reid, Cowdray Estate
Our on-line advertisers
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Sussex Wedding when making any enquiries.