Credit: ShutterstockWe asked Steph Willoughby of Chirpee Flowers: What's hot in the world of wedding flowers right now?
Steph Willoughby | www.chripee.net
- This year we've been seeing a rise in bright and colourful wedding flowers – coral, red and pink are all featuring heavily. HBP Meadow weddings are really popular – create an aisle full of free standing seasonal blooms to give the impression you're walking through a meadow.
- With the continued popularity of all things crafty and vintage, pressed flowers are making a comeback and there are some amazing companies that will turn your wedding bouquet into a forever picture – don't forget to book early.
- Next year I expect to see a complete turnaround to monochromatic colour schemes and the all-white wedding is starting to look like it will return.
- What's new? Amazing hanging structures from floral chandeliers to platforms to hang above your top table.
- Industrial urban-chic weddings are also popular, and we're creating lots of florals hanging from copper pipe frames with integrated lighting.
- The grooms are finally getting a look in with quirky buttonholes depicting their hobbies such – think Star Wars.
- Advice for nearlyweds – don't forget to say a BIG thank you to those that have helped along the way to your big day. Large bouquets of flowers always a great idea.